Monday 26 March 2012

Painting class - week 7


Pastels on brown paper.

The purpose of these four panels was to create four abstract pieces based on a combination of 2-3 letters (e.g. your initials) or numbers. The idea was to not think too much and just let the artwork happen naturally. It took me a while NOT to think too much while doing this project, but by the fourth panel I think I got there!

I'm aware that I haven't posted anything since week 1 of my painting class and that what I have posted has not been paintings. The reason for this is basically that I have not yet completed anything that is worthwhile. I have enjoyed this painting class and I have been slowly improving, and by the end of the course I plan to actually post some finished paintings! It has taken me until this last assignment in the class to really start getting into painting - it's a shame that the final class is this week, now that I'm finally starting to get the hang of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment